The following list is what happens when you drink a sugary soft drink kept simple.
- 10-12 teaspoons of sugar enter your system (your stomach doesn’t react to the extreme sweet because of everything else in the soda) Can you say hello cavities and acid erosion
- 15-20 minutes later your blood sugar spikes and this causes your insulin levels to react helping promote fat storage in your body.
- It takes 30 minutes for that caffeine buzz, but also your liver dumps sugar in your blood…another insulin spike
- About 45 minutes in your body releases dopamine a feel good hormone) which makes the feeling of drink the soda addicting.
- In one hour issues with the phosphoric acid from the soda binding with usable minerals making them unusable and they dumped from the body during urination.
- In about another hour the energy rush of the insulin and sugar wears off and you can start crashing.